The public and friends? Where the crux of the issue lies.
I look healthy and most would never guess that I'm dealing with every day pain. I don't like to complain or even talk about it with people but yet when the symptoms appear tripping over my dead right leg, pacing, or needing to sit down after a long day of work and play, many assume crazy things, like that I'm drunk or stoned out of my head and then I have to tell them, "I'm in pain, it's my back. It's every day for me."
Some still don't get it, and respond with, "Excuses oh you poor baby, uh yum, sure it's your bad back."
Many who have medical conditions have to face this daily.
Sciatica is often characterized by the following symptoms:
- Pain on one side of the buttock or in one leg that is worse when sitting
- Burning or tingling down the leg
- Weakness, numbness or difficulty moving the leg or foot
- A constant pain on one side of the rear
- A sharp pain that may make it difficult to stand up or to walk